Friday, August 28, 2009

Super Important Updates

This update post is no mere collection of minor tweaks. It's not even a collection of semi-minor tweaks. In fact, it's a complete overhaul of the entire blog! While this blog's roots began as a simple place to put my reviews and help people (especially non-gamers, such as mothers new to the gaming scene) learn more about what I view as one of the greatest hobbies in the world, I realized that a bit of a change was in order. My review system was rough, some of my older reviews didn't meet my current standards, and it overall felt rather generic. Now that I'm more experienced in the world of video games, I wanted to make this blog a fun place to go with regular updates and a unique reviewing method. I hope everybody enjoys the new features. But note that I'm still ecstatic to get questions (somebody's asking me to talk about games, it's awesome) that non-gamers and gamers alike might have, so feel free to send 'em my way! But for now, let's get started with the obvious changes, shall we?

First of all, the name has changed. Previously (and boringly) known as The Game Guide, due to a lack of ideas on my part, this blog is now called Blue Mage Reviews. It even has a mascot: Blue Mage himself! He's lurking around near the top of the sidebar, so go on and say hi. He probably won't bite. You can read all of his ramblings at the Blue Mage Page.

Next up, and most importantly, my review format has changed. The numbers mean different things now, I've added and streamlined information, there's now a quick pros and cons section, a nifty color-coded system goes along with the scores... all kinds of great stuff! Pop on over to the review guide for the details, which is a highly recommended option. All the old reviews have been modified to fit these new guidelines, so take a look at them to see what the new system is like in action!

The archive of past posts is still there, but I've also created a space for key entries, such as the Blue Mage Page, the review guide, and update posts. A couple links have been added to the sidebar too, and the Q&A has been revised. I can't be sure who's asking the questions, but there are rumors going around that point to Blue Mage.

That's the long and short of it, whatever that weird idiom it supposed to mean. It took a while to revamp Blue Mage Reviews, but it was also a lot of fun. Personally, I think it's overall a vast improvement, and if you see anything amiss or you have an idea for a change, post a comment and I'll take it into consideration. Enjoy the blog, my loyal legion of readers, and remember that the Force will be with you, always.

No comments: